The Jackson Workbench replaces most of the Jackson tools which have gone before but it also adds significant new functionality. The Jackson Workbench integrates the various components of the Jackson Workbench suite into a single highly-productive Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
It offers the following advantages over the individual components:
- Comprises a JSD Network editor, System Implementation Diagram editor, JSP Structure Diagram editor and a code generator for the generation of complete systems in COBOL and other languages .
- Fully compatible with the earlier Jackson products; JSP COBOL, JSP Tool and PDF.
- JSD Network Diagrams can be reverse engineered from JSP COBOL files.
- System Implementation Diagrams (SIDs) can be generated automatically from JSD Network Diagrams (of System Specification Diagrams).
- Project view encapsulating all files relating to a development unit
- Definition of macro libraries for JSP-MACRO expansion
- Definition of copy libraries for JSP-COBOL copy-books
- Ability to open multiple structure / network editors
- A number of "wizards" for automating everyday tasks
- Integrated interface to configuration management tools.
- Optional distributed network installation
- Optional compiler link for automatic compilation of generated code